For the past 2 years I’ve done the same survey. I don’t know if I’ll have time to do this tomorrow, so I’m just going to do this now. Because. You know. I’m pretty much amazing like that.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
Haha. Got intoxicated for one thing. There’s another thing that comes to mind, but it’s something I’d prefer the entire world not knowing. But for those of you who do know what I’m talking about…pretty crazy, right? Man oh man. Let’s move on.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, let’s see.
I WILL NOT
– fall for the following: alcoholics, druggies, people with girlfriends, people who are “just not that into” me, self-centered people, perverts, complete strangers, imaginary boys: FAILED
– “bitch about anyone behind their backs, but be positive about everyone”: FAILED MISERABLY
– dwell or procrastinate excessively: FAILED
– cuss excessively: FUCKING FAILED
– be judgmental, particularly towards strangers: ACCOMPLISHED, MOSTLY
– make excuses or lie: HAH. FAILED.
– treat others as being less than me: ONLY WHEN THEY REALLY DESERVED IT. SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO BE TREATED AS STUPIDLY AS THEY ARE
-learn how to save money: FAILED
-exercise regularly and eat more healthily: EAT? HAH. FAILED MISERABLY
-organize everything involved in life: YES. ACCOMPLISHED. EVERYTHING WAS ORGANIZED, JUST, NOTHING GOT DONE.
-feel more secure with who I am, and learn to accept flaws along with strengths: SURE, I GUESS. IT’S A WORK IN PROGRESS
-“make better use of time”: WELL. SURE. IF YOU CONSIDER PLAYING MINESWEEPER A BETTER USE OF MY TIME.
-be more compassionate/empathetic: FAILED, BUT I’M GETTING BETTER AT IT.
-read 4 books a month: OH MAN. FAILED.
-take better care of myself: FAILED FAILED FAILED
-be a better friend: RIGHT, ANYWAYS.
-reaquaint myself with religion: WHAT RELIGION? FAILED.
-become informed in order to form educated opinions: ANOTHER WORK IN PROGRESS
Evidently, I’m pretty much a failure. But I do intend on making more this year. Hah. I was really ambitious last year. How silly of me.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one I can think of.
5. What countries did you visit?
One. The Philippines. But we don’t talk about that goddamn trip.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A source of income.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Umm. April 24 and September 10, but we don’t talk about September 10 either. Or maybe even August 22, but for what reasons is also information I’d rather not disclose.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Um. Not failing my first semester of senior year. Or not dying. One of the two.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Oh, where to begin…
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Um. Well. Yeah.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
That I bought? Me with my own money? Nothing probably. I spend all my money on extra crap I don’t need like food and clothing.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Are you asking me if I was proud of anyone this year? Because I don’t think I’m ever proud of anyone.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My own. Hah. This question seems like it would be a drama-causer in the wrong hands.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The aforementioned crap that I don’t need. Or other expenses for school and college that mommy and daddy didn’t feel like paying for.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Coming home from the Philippines. Having a boyfriend. I don’t know. Emotion and feeling? Pfft, I don’t possess such silly things. Come on now.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
The Killers – Smile Like You Mean It
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I think happier…yeah, probably.
ii. thinner or fatter?
Uh. I think thinner actually.
iii. richer or poorer?
Neither. I’m perpetually broke.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Man, read. I totally slacked this year. And uh. Nothing else comes to mind, so I’m going to move onto the next question now.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Same as last year, man. Procrastinating, dwelling, regretting, contradicting, moping, dwelling dwelling dwelling.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Locked up in my room watching movies and surfing the internet I think. My brothers were sick, so my parents stayed home with them and watched the entire Star Wars saga. Yeah, you heard me. All of it. Hence the reason why I holed myself up in my room. It was a pleasant alternative, let me tell you.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
I keep going back and forth on this, so I’m just going to settle for probably not.
23. How many one night stands?
Hah. This survey doesn’t know me very well.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Man, I have a list. Gilmore Girls, Everwood, Project Runway, America’s Next Top Model, Alias, Entourage, Desperate Housewives. And uh. Etc.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I wouldn’t doubt it. I’m an angry elf.
26. What was the best book you read?
I really liked everything by Sophie Kinsella. Clever clever girl. But probably the best book I read was Wicked. Read that shit, bitches.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Feeder or The Fray. Or Louis XIV. Ohh, love love love.
28. What did you want and get?
What does it matter? There’s nothing I really really wanted and needed to have this year. I mean, I got things I kind of wanted, but there wasn’t anything significant and vital to my existence that I wanted to have. I just don’t care that much about things anymore. “Things”. But, you know. I guess a new pair of Sevens and lace-up boots. But whatever. Oh, and a boyfriend.
29. What did you want and not get?
To not be hated. And, well, you can’t win ’em all. And a boyfriend for Fall and Winter, but this is a yearly thing man, I’m getting over it.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
That I just saw? Oh man. Closer or Crash or I Heart Huckabees or The Producers or Jeux d’Enfants or Leon or you know, ask me again later. I have lots.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out for seafood with Kristel, White Man, and the family and the family’s friends. Went to Victoria Gardens, shopped a bit, spent an obscene amount of money, came home to be greeted by neighbors and other random people, and then talked to Matt. Maybe some other stuff. I don’t really remember. And I turned 17. And amazing. Yup.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Whatever I felt like wearing. I’ve kind of stopped caring. If it’s weird it’s weird and if it’s cool it’s cool. Meh. I still like fashion, but I’m not so concerned with looking more amazing than everyone else anymore.
34. What kept you sane?
Haha. This is what I put last year: “Nothing really. If I was on the verge of going insane, I went insane, and was insane until the feeling passed.” That probably still holds to be true too. Whatever, you know?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you want the most?
No one. Or maybe Tyson Ritter…mmm, yeah, I want him hardcore. But aside from him. Eh, no one.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics. Bleh. Our President is such an idiot that people have been able to create calendars featuring the idiot things he has said. One saying for each day of the year. Meaning, he’s managed to say over 730 stupid things, at the very least. This stirred and still stirs me.
37. Who did you miss?
Pfft. Silly question. I’d say but…well, no, I wouldn’t. Moving on.
38. Who are cool new people you met?
Um. I guess I met new people. I don’t really remember any of them though, so I guess they weren’t that cool. Oh, I met this guy Ryan. He was pretty cool. And aside from him…uh. I can’t remember anyone.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005?
Oh man. If you think you’re low, you have no idea. You always have the potential to get even lower and lower until you’re just about 6-feet under, so in reality, you’re never really “low”. Solution: Fucking get over it. Dwelling doesn’t solve anything. Neither does self-inflicted stupidity.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Staring right back in the face
A memory can’t be erased
I know, because I tried
Start to feel the emptiness
and everything I’m gonna miss
I know, that I can’t hide
All this time is passing by
I think it’s time to just move on
Heart Lifehouse. Oh yes.
(in a Strongbad voice) IT’S OVER!
Happy New Year’s, bitches. Hope you all have good ones. Me? Well. I don’t expect too much since I’ve stopped expecting altogether, but man oh man. I do expect great things.