I started filling out this survey in 2002, and this will be my 5th year of doing it. It’s become somewhat of a tradition, and even though I have grown to hate surveys in all of their dull and monotonous glory, I don’t have the heart to stop this one. I also don’t have the heart to move it from my xanga to my current blog. Oh well. Alright, let’s continue!
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Sex and…no, that’s it. Just sex.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made any. Perhaps I vowed to get over Mike, but that was kind of an easy one.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
You’d think with the sudden explosion of babies that took place this year I’d be able to say yes, but no, no one close to me did.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None. Wow, this has been a boring fucking year so far.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Umm, straight A’s? I pretty much had everything I wanted and needed in 2007.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 30. Yaay. It’s really the only date I remember at all from 2007. I don’t even remember what I did on my birthday. Seriously. ZERO RECOLLECTION, it’s really strange.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not failing out of college? Oh, I did also join two dance teams this year. Though, I wouldn’t really consider them “achievements”.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Haha, potentially failing out of college.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
This badass plaid vest that I’ve been dreaming about for ages, and which was finally manifested at Metropark in San Francisco. Yesss. Also, a shitload of Godiva chocolate. Mmm, delicious.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine. Hurrah! Just kidding. If I had to really choose, though, I’d say James, my little brother. Because though he’s still really weird and awkward, he’s at least a little less weird and awkward than he was before I left for college! Yay!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Well, Chris’ for a little, but that was passing. And Matt that one, isolated time, but that wasn’t exactly altogether unexpected.
14. Where did most of your money go?
In this order: rent, groceries, chocolate, and bills. This year has been pretty different than years past. Sigh, I can no longer afford to waste money on journals and books anymore, because otherwise I’ll be starving and homeless. Not awesome. The chocolate compensates for this reality.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
BOYFRIEND. BOYFRIEND BOYFRIEND BOYFRIEND, AHAHAHAHAH.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
There’s a lot, because 2007 is incredibly set apart from all the previous years I have existed in, and anything that I listened to in college will remind me of this year. But I guess I could narrow it down to these 3: Stars – You’re Ex-Lover is Dead, Joshua Radin – The Fear You Won’t Fall, and Regina Spektor – Samson.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
The same. It’s almost pathetic. I’ve weighed this much since my freshman year of high school, and now I’m a sophomore in college.
iii. richer or poorer?
Poorer. Destitute, even.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read. I don’t think I know how to do it anymore, and now I’m extremely slow. Reading definitely kicked my ass this year. As well as writing. I wish I wrote more. Oh, and workout!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I really wish I had less sex. KIDDING, AHAHA!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Vegas, pissed off that Steve Madden sent me TWO FUCKING RIGHT BOOTS. Fucking idiots. But it’s ok now, because I’m returning those fuckers and have instead replaced them with a boor of gooorgeous Cole Haan boots. Hollaaa.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes. Woo hoo. =]
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Planet Earth. So addicting.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I wouldn’t say “hate”. Oh, except Steve Madden. Yeah, I hate him.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera and The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Even though she’s been around for a while, I suppose Sara Bareilles. Or Regina Spektor. Or, you know, whatever. I don’t have favorites.
28. What did you want and get?
BOYFRIEND. BOYFRIEND BOYFRIEND BOYFRIEND, AHAHAHAH.
(Sorry for the crazy emphasis, but I’ve waited so looong for a real relationship. I’m reveling, I really am.)
29. What did you want and not get?
Nothing. This was a good year.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Walk Hard. Bahahaah, definitely. Though I also really enjoyed Superbad.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA. Which is really weird, if you ask me. You’d think I would remember something significant like that. I didn’t even write about it in my blog. It’s like my birthday was this black hole of a day. I turned 19, though.
WAIT. WAIT, I REMEMBER. And it wasn’t exciting at all. I was sick, and Matt, Kristel, and I went to Claim Jumper for dessert, and I couldn’t taste the deliciousness of it all. It was pretty sad.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Probably having more funds with which to allocate to frivolous expenditures, but whatever. I’m not complaining.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I wouldn’t say I have a “personal fashion concept”, because, like, what the fuck is that supposed to mean? I’ve worn a lot of vests, as well as leggings with boots. Does that constitute a fashion concept?
34. What kept you sane?
Chris AKA the BOYFRIEND. Pow!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you want the most?
I wouldn’t say I “wanted” them, but Rodrigo Santoro and Gaspard Ulliel were definitely hotties I oogled at for a brief while.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I’m deeply ashamed to say none. It’s because I’m ignorant, but I’m trying to fix it!
37. Who did you miss?
I did miss Chris, but that was rectified.
38. Who are cool new people you met?
Everyone at Berkeley. Duh. And Chris, obviously.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007?
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Live through this, and you won’t look back…
: Stars – You’re Ex-Lover is Dead
A little more blunt and honest than years past. Whatever, I figure I don’t really have anything to lose. So long, xanga! Until another year!