So every New Year’s Eve since 2003, I’ve done this survey on my xanga. Since I’ll be spending New Year’s Eve partying it up with the boyfriend, I thought I’d do this now. Huzzah!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Oh, you know. Some drugs, some sexual positions, this and that. I also wrote a column for my school newspaper and got an internship on sex blogging. Never done either of those before.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Um, maybe? I don’t think I made any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A lot of church people I used to know popped out children all over the place this year. But I wouldn’t consider any of them close, so, no.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A full-size bed for my bedroom in my apartment. I am so fucking over twin beds.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Haha, there’s no way my brain is even physically capable of remembering individual dates.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I have three – getting an internship, two jobs, and a newspaper column. Considering the laziness that is me, that really is incredible for me.
9. What was your biggest failure?
FALL ’08 SEMESTER, DAMN.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yeah, cysts and throat infections and all sorts of fun things.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
You know, every year, I’ve always thought this was a stupid question to ask. Because you know, who the fuck cares?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Myself. God, I am so useless sometimes.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and bowls. I am so broke.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My column, my internship, and my job at Metropark. The excitement from all three subsided over time, though.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Basically anything by Katy Perry or Britney Spears that was released this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
Actually, I’m pretty sure I haven’t gained any weight since I hit puberty.
iii. richer or poorer?
POORER, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read. As in, gee, I really wish I had done ANY of the reading for my classes this past semester. How I get through college is really a mystery.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Smoking and procrastinating.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Lying around in leggings and a borrowed V-neck tee, watching marathons of House and Law and Order
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No, I stayed in love.
23. How many one night stands?
SO MANY. Just kidding, my boyfriend doesn’t count.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Law and Order! Top Chef! Project Runway!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Well, hate’s kind of a strong word, but I do dislike a few people that I didn’t dislike last year.
26. What was the best book you read?
Inevitably something by David Sedaris.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmm. Sigur Ros, perhaps? Sadly, I don’t listen to new music very often.
28. What did you want and get?
A new Macbook, HOLLAAAAAA!
29. What did you want and not get?
Nothing. I’m pretty satisfied with what I have.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Dark Knight, hands down.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent my entire 20th birthday studying for my finals that were the next day. FAIL.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Money. I am so broke, it’s really depressing.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Sweatpants, V-necks, Metropark, and beanies and fedoras everyday.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you want the most?
Uhh, I don’t really give a shit about celebrities anymore. I’d still fuck Gaspard Ulliel, though.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
2008 Election!!!! God, flooding the streets of Berkeley with fellow students on the night of the election will definitely be one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I love Berkeley!
37. Who did you miss?
I missed Chris during the summer when he was gone for a month. And I miss my dog, Mocha, whenever I’m at Berkeley. But as far as people from my past, no one. They’re a part of my past for a reason.
38. Who are cool new people you met?
Basically everyone new to dance on my dance teams. Oh, and my roommates (with the obvious exception of Ashley, who I had already known was cool prior to living with her)!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003?
Don’t buy things on credit, because that shit will FUCK you up.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“But then I got high…”